11 Random Facts

I'd like to thank Shelly Sanchez Terrell for tagging me for this challenge. This is what I did and I hope you'll enjoy the mission as well.

1. On your own blog, create a post and mention I tagged you along with anyone else who did.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.



11 random facts about me:
  1. I'm a B positive blood type. None of my sons inherited my blood type, though.
  2. I love Tarot cards. I love looking at the images before I go to bed. It calms me down.
  3. I hate diving because I hate being underwater for too long.
  4. I don't feel comfortable in confined spaces.
  5. I can easily get excited.
  6. I'm attracted to all shades of red; burgundy red is my favourite.
  7. I'm a 'bath' person (as opposed to 'shower' person).
  8. I love autumn. I believe it's because I was born on an autumn day.
  9. Although I love music, I like shopping in supermarkets where there is no music on.
  10. I don't have many plants at home. I don't have green fingers.
  11. I love travelling by train.
11 questions from Shelly Sanchez Terrell:

  1. What is a goal you hope to accomplish from your bucket list? I'd like to learn a non-Germanic language, such as Spanish, Italian or Portuguese.
  2. What is one goal you hope to accomplish in 2014? As 2013 was a very 'sedentary' year for me (because I had to study a lot), in 2014 I'd like to take care of my body properly; I'd like to start doing regular exercise and go out more.
  3. If you could host a reality TV show, what would it be about? About ELT and education. Each week I'd invite a teacher and a student who would discuss important issues from their points of view.
  4. How do you blow off steam? I try not to bottle up feeling for too long. It's sometimes better to say what's on your mind, even though it might hurt somebody.
  5. What is one of your personal theme songs? As I wrote in one of my posts here, it's the optimistic song called Ain't no mountain high enough.
  6. What are you incredibly proud of accomplishing? I'm proud that I managed to get my MA degree at the age of 40, at the time when I was a full-time teacher and a busy mother of three.
  7. What was one of your favourite gifts? A hamsa trinket I got from my friend for my 41st birthday. It's a palm-shaped amulet that is supposed to protect women from evil.
  8. How have you dealt with a past failure? I got up, reflected and went on.
  9. What is one piece of advice that has helped you throughout life? Never go against your own intuition. Follow your instincts . Less is often more.
  10. What was your favourite toy when you were a child? A toy cat (grey, ugly and old but I loved it).
  11. What’s your favourite piece of art? A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat.

I'm tagging the following 11 bloggers:
  1. Sue Lyon-Jones
  2. Maja Jerkovic
  3. MarySousa
  4. Rachael Roberts
  5. Vedrana Vojkovic
  6. Paulw
  7. Miguel Mendoza
  8. Lesley
  9. Ceri Jones
  10. Andrea Wade
  11. Mieke Kenis
 11 questions I'd like to ask them:
  1. If you could change one thing about education in your country, what would it be?
  2. Have you ever thought of quitting your job as an educator? Why?
  3. What's your earliest memory as an educator?
  4. Is education valued where you live? If not, what is the main reason?
  5. How do you think we could help to make teaching a more prestigious job?
  6. Apart from burning-out, what's the biggest danger for a teacher?
  7. Did anyone try to put you off teaching in the past?
  8. Why do you think teaching can bring so much satisfaction but also frustration?
  9. What makes you happy?
  10. When did you last laugh out loud?
  11. If your child/best friend wanted to become a teacher, what piece of advice would you give him or her?